Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Breeds Chart
This chart as of 2013 is done though sourcing for the minimum requirements to obtain milk awards through various registries.
Registries charted are:
- American Goat Society (AGS)
- American Dairy Goat Association (ADGA)
- Nigerian Dwarf Goat Associaton (NDGA)
- International Dairy Goat Association (IDGR)
- Miniature Dairy Goat Association (MDGA)
- The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)
- These amounts are minimum amounts to obtain a milking star or Advanced Registry award.
- In order to track and learn more about if this goat is a viable dairy goat, we believe it is important to obtain milk records and ask questions about the lactations/breeding/kidding/udder attachments/overall conformation/extended lactation etc.
Where to obtain ADGA Specific Animal Records:
After typing in a specific animal in the pedigree search http://adgagenetics.org/PedigreeSearch.aspx, you will find the following headings at the left. Click on the one you want to view on that specific animal.
- Pedigree http://adgagenetics.org/PedigreeSearch.aspx
- Linear Appraisal (goat evaluation on parts of the conformation) Click on Linear Appraisal
An example of what you would see is found at:
- Milk Data, some data can be found by clicking on USDA. An example is found at:
Sex Animal Sire Dam Alias Birth Src Mod date Codes F NUUSA000000603691 NUUSA000000480774 NUUSA000000559325 19840507 B 20010303 1 PB 00 00 Key 343056 KASTDEMUR'S ROYAL CHARM Goat NUUSA000000603691 key=343056 Yield data used in 2013 genetic evaluation Actual ME Lac Fresh DIM Herd CtrlNo Proc_Date Mod_Date LT TC Opn Milk Fat Prot Milk Fat Prot TT 1 1986/04/11 305 93590606 446 1987/03/11 2003/08/22 0 0 0 2240 92 0 3013 128 0 20 2 1987/04/16 232 93590606 446 1987/12/16 2003/08/22 0 0 0 2150 93 0 2843 127 0 20 3 1988/03/13 25 93590606 446 1988/05/15 2003/08/22 1 0 0 240 12 0 2557 114 0 20
Another place to find some milk data is by clicking on Production Evaluation. For the above doe, you would find for example
|Fluid Merit $||-3|
|Average ME Milk||2866|
|Average ME Fat||125|
|Average ME Protein||0|
|Fat % PTA||-0.09|
|Protein % PTA||0.03|
|Milk, Predicted Producing Ability||583|
|Fat, Predicted Producing Ability||210|
|Protein, Predicted Producing Ability||0|
- Titles can be obtain at Production Evaluation. You can see the titles on the doe above that she is a GCH. Other goats will say SG (superior Genetic) or SGCH. You can also see the titles when you click on a specific goat’s name in the pedigree for that animal.
Where to Obtain American Goat Society Animal Records
- Top Ten lists are online at:
- Overall spreadsheets for Breeds for 305 DHI and One-Day testing can be obtained by asking the Milk Coordinator
Example of records are:
FAT PRO LACT. AR AR COMPLETE LACTATION LIFETIME PRODUCTION
ADGA # TITLE SIRE REG # TITLE DAM REG # AGE HT DAYS MILK FAT % PRO % SCC COMPL. Number ? DAYS MILK BF PRO. DAYS MILK BF PRO. Fresh Dry REMARKS
Pine Cone Valley Domino D000576 Highland Wood Camille D000032 0.11 283 427 25 5.9 20 4.7 1988 1603 Y 283 427 25 20 283 427 25 20 #2 m, bf, pro
- Pedigrees contact AGS office
- Classification (goat evaluation) Conact AGS office
- Show Results http://americangoatsociety.com/show_results.php